No idea why or for what reason yet.

1. bpartridge45 says:

Does seem out of left field. He doesn’t strike me as the type to get wrapped up into something that would get them confiscated, paperwork or otherwise. Nothing on his various accounts about it either. Although not something one would brag about.

I’m curious about the $1K value thing. Obviously some sort of standard placeholder but, considering that’s low by at least a factor of 10 for MGs. Also, unknown? I know they’re not the sharpest knives in the drawer but aren’t legal docs usually super detailed?

“Valued at $1000”? What is this, 1986?

I wish him the best. Getting caught in the ATF’s nuts is nobody’s idea of a fun time.

very odd, I find it hard to believe LAV doesn’t always have all his Qs and Ps crossed and dotted

I agree, but the ATF can make problems where none exist if they want to go all “Process is the Punishment” on you. I listen to Michael Bane’s podcast, and he caught the eye of Sauron a while back. I don’t know details, but he’s another guy that I assume knows the difference between a 15” barrel and a 16 1/4” barrel.

gun writers getting in trouble with the ATF is why i have never, and will never, get an FFL to make my life easier for writer’s demos.

Yeah, I’m basically the same, except for NFA stuff. I’d love to have 3 or 4 suppressors in various calibers, but I’m not going to fill out a form that tells Sauron to pay special attention to me. They have enough of my 4473s. Ear plugs are cheap.

4. it's just Boris says:

This is disturbing on a number of fronts.

I read some rumint on a different page that he’s fighting cancer and his annual SOT expired.

ThatsSomeMightyFinePoliceWork.jpg

yes he made the public announcement that he is dealing with cancer several months ago. Why the ATF would take things from him like a glock though doesnt make sense.