3D-printed guns have come a long way from the single-shot “The Liberator” pistol published online for the world to download in 2013 by Cody Wilson’s Defense Distributed to a fully functional 3D-printable semiautomatic pistol carbine entirely printed at home to what now appears to be a rocket launcher-like device.

Journalist Jake Hanrahan reports Deterrence Dispensed, an online group that promotes and distributes open-source 3D-printed firearm blueprints, has developed what appears to be a recoilless launcher.

“66mm recoilless launcher with shoulder rest attachments, allowing it to convert to a mortar on the go.”

1. BAP45 says:

big want

fire up the old internet machine!

Do love innovation. Just picked up a can cannon and plan to engage some of the local big-brain gun guys about what kind of interesting payloads we can develop.

1. BAP45 says:

I’ve tried to think of a few but from what I head the difficulty isn’t in the payload its getting it to keep from breaking apart when launching. So you would need to find a balance of durability to launch but not so durable it wont break up on impact. I suppose a pen flare or similar could also be used.

I’m picturing things that don’t break on launch but do break on impact. I have access to engineers, chemists and not insignificant machining & printing resources…and some of my buddies are way more devious than me.

I’ve gotten the impression that “Rocketguy” isn’t just some random thing you typed into a web form.